Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yuck and Double Yuck!

Even with the prednisone, I managed a pretty good night of sleep.

This is very different than how I felt and what I had to tolerate after the first infusion. Sleeping in a chair because I hadn't been able to breathe laying down because of all the back of the throat swelling since the biopsy. The prednisone keeping me awake until almost five in the morning.

At that time when I did sleep night sweats were leaving me soaked every morning.

A good night's sleep and waking up dry in the morning is a very pleasant surprise. Although Mary said she pulled some of the covers off me when she felt that I was hot in the night. It was still pleasant.

But I also awoke this morning with the runs. Yes, pleasant subject, and cramps and pain like I had the flu. No nausea though presumably because I took my anti-nausea drug.

I'm also just feeling generally crappy.

After the runs passed, at least for a while, I was blessed with a ravenous appetite which I indulged. I made a lovely three egg omelet into which I put a combination of green olive tapenade and four day old guacamole.

This was after a breakfast of assorted Spanish olives.

I decided to have some whole wheat bread (with cream cheese), and then I had some more bread with cream cheese.

I did take the precaution of taking double my metformin dosage with that excessive amount of food but my blood sugars are still up to 301.

The prednisone doesn't help.

Several hours later the blood sugars came down to a more reasonable level - 160 something and I ate some vanilla ice cream (full fat) and peanut butter.

My appetite has taken some strange turns in the last month or so. I stopped dieting when I found out that I had cancer - it started with dumping the can of tuna and olive oil and demanding a lunch of Jason's Deli Russian Rubin.

I started writing this early in the day so I wouldn't miss the joie de vivre of the stomach cramps and rather devolved into the joie de vivre of eating lots of food. I'm not real clear on where it goes from here.

But it sounds like a good place to call it quits. I have sleeping pills and I will use them tonight.

No comments: