Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Third Day is perhaps Charmless

There is nothing quite so engendering of contemplation as a good bout of nausea.

When I had some yogurt for breakfast I noticed that it seemed flavorless; or maybe it would be better to say not really flavorful. Creamy, white and smooth but missing taste.

I ate it anyway seeing as I was going to the store with Mary.

My blood sugar this morning was 138 and after coming back from the store, taking some prednisone and waiting around a while was 158.

Prednisone can make the blood sugar go up without food - simply amazing stuff.

So for most of the day I have had nausea a bit of the previously mentioned Excessive Defecation Syndrome (for the innocent, I made that up) and cramps.

Naturally I didn't eat much which had something to do with my blood sugar being so reasonable for so long.

But I did eventually have some chicken broth and vegetable broth which may have had some carbohydrates in it because the next time I tested my blood sugar it was 251.

Ah yes, I had some turkey in there and I would suspect that is what raised my blood sugar.

Stuff that would normally not bump my blood sugars at all raises them a lot.   This is the curse of prednisone.

It is a good thing that tomorrow is my last day on that drug.  My blood sugars will hopefully normalize.

No comments: