Monday, January 11, 2010

Woik Makes Me Happy

I'm supposed to be into "low red cell count" territory but I spent the day working anyway.

I was energetic and alert this morning and that started to deteriorate into a tiredness around 11:30; a couple of hours later I was more tired.

Now I am truly exhausted.

Note the lack of humor. The thoughtlessness. The cheerless sense of the necessity of slogging through the work even though I should simply sleep. Maybe I'm sleeping now and this blog has become my nightmare. Maybe I don't love my blog, I secretly despise it!

Yes I'm doing well.

The hospital where I will have the port installed in a couple of days called today and gave me directions for what not to do the night before and that morning.

Ouch! They're going to put me under for this little procedure.

The port is probably bigger than I thought it was. It was talked about so casually, I think I simply was put to sleep by the boredom of it. Easily done these days.

It's too late for cold feet now. But I avoid all those pokes into my arm with this. Well, most of them. Is it worth it?

This is the week when both red cell and white cell counts are low. Immune system, where did you go? I need you now. I feel trashy.

Speaking of which I do have to take the trash and the recycle out so I will abruptly terminate this stream of consciousness with a grunt!

Ugh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Phil,

I have known many people with ports and they all say the procedure was not a big deal and the avoidance of arm sticks was worth it!

So hang in there!

Sent in fellow oblivion!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Excuse me? You're going through all of this AND you have to take the garbage out? Is that right?

Oh, yeah. It is. It's important to act normally.

And about your hair? Maybe you will look smashing without it. Some people do. Some men look positively sexy. Although, I do completely understand the anxiety about losing something so personal.

Best,

Kim P