Monday, January 4, 2010

When will the bottom fall out?

Here I am feeling relatively good wondering when the bottom will fall out. I've taken my last dose of the EVIL prednisone and prepare for the days to follow.  I have two anti-nausea drugs and I'm down to three pills of the good one.  Boo Hoo!

Otherwise good things are happening.  Stomach doesn't feel too bad except that I will be the one patient to gain weight on chemo. I have developed a taste for peanut butter and ice cream; and discovered that the right kind of hummus could do wonders for some cottage cheese and olive oil.  I've rediscovered bread; and wonderful high fiber crackers and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. And many more things diabetics only dream about.

It may sound strange, but it goes down and stays down!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snort (that's a snort of laughter).

Ahyep, maybe you could make medical history by being the only chemo participant to gain weight.

Go Phil. Love your sense of humor. IF the bottom falls out -- rage like a banshee. Remember primal scream therapy? I still practice it from time-to-time.

Best,

Kim P

Janie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.