Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Infused with Pleasure

It has been a long day and I am tired. 

Again no reaction to the infusions - even the spinal canal infusion with whatever that drug is.  It begins with the letter S or C not F.  Shucks, I can't spell.  Can't remember either.

The port worked very well, although it bled after they pulled out the needle.  I could use both hands so I didn't feel so confined even though the line ran from the infusion devices and bags to my chest.

It works for me!

A little scary that chemo goes so quickly to the heart, but it would get there after damaging a vein otherwise so I guess it's a good thing.

Once again the prednisone sent my blood sugars up but they are on average 100 points higher than they would be otherwise.  I hope the extra metformin I took will bring it down to a reasonable value.

I had about an hour after I got home that I was able to work and get that project done that I thought I could never do.

I am simply amazed at how my mind woke up a couple of weeks after the first chemo when I started to recuperate from the pain and pressure from the various tumors in my neck, spleen, liver and God knows where else.

Two out of four final spinal infusions done (they took less out than they put in this time).

Two out of six or eight R-CHOP infusions done.

I will try to enjoy the days I can in between the infusions but it is such a relief to have the problem being dealt with and the infusions are effective since my really bad headaches and stiff neck have gone away.

I wish to sleep, but being on prednisone I don't know if I can (but I do have sleeping pills).

Good Night

No comments: