Friday, January 22, 2010

Ditto!

I'm certain that my colon emptied itself yesterday and the only reason I'm not suffering from Excessive Defecation Syndrome today is that the food I ate since has not worked its way to the end of my small intestine.

I continue to be nauseated although I took anti-nausea pills.

My memory about which pill to take when is a bit of a problem, and yes I have a daily pill pop plastic container with the days of the week in big bold single letter abbreviations on each little box.

I'm on prednisone, please don't expect me not to be confused; or disoriented.

I've made worse mistakes, I noticed today that for over a week I have been drinking French Roast Decaf instead of Dark Sumatra. Well they're both dark roasts and I filled up my coffee container with the one when I meant to fill it up with the other.

Please consider the seriousness of this mistake, occasionally missing a dose of my medicine or getting too much pales in comparison.

With the possible exception of the prednisone.

I am beginning to recover a bit, although I'm also a little bleary eyed and cold. Not from the lack of caffeine, but from the chemotherapy infusion a couple of days ago.

Whoops, I jinxed it. I said I was getting better about an hour ago and now the cramps have come back.

I am not eating for multiple tumors today, I had a light two egg breakfast and snacks of yogurt, yogurt and wild berry preserves, yogurt and multibran cereal with wild berry preserves.

And just now chicken broth with low-carbohydrate pasta cooked in it. And a more than sensible guacamole, provolone, onion tomato sandwich.

I am being so circumspect in my diet today it hurts.

And I haven't seen my blood sugar spike to 300 either, only a reasonable 200 something.


But I am not feeling well, so I will close this up early and do something other than write.

No comments: