Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Day Under the Influence

I think I am on day 3 with the Chemo itself as day one.

I'm not feeling half bad.  I haven't had a lot of sleep so far (about two hours a night), but the nausea is largely under control although I seem to have the sniffles a lot.

The swelling under my jaw is going down and I have not had to take much in the way of pain medicine at all; and then hardly in desperation as before.

My hair is still on my head, although I am toying with the idea of having Mary take the clippers to it so when it does fall off it won't plug the shower. I thought it might be a good idea to have it professionally trimmed, but if it's coming off by it's own to complete baldness why bother.

Do I just wake up one morning with my hair scattered around me where I slept, like all the cat hair scattered around the house?

This mystery will be answered in due time.

PS:

When Mary went over the path report from the PET and CT scans, she noticed that some really significant areas had no cancer: heart, lungs, colon.

Since I've had chemo, and through the sleepless nights one song has been going through my head: Bad Romance by Lady GaGa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Uncle Phil,

I've been following your postings over the last several days - get on skype if you're having trouble sleeping and we'll chat. It's almost 10 p.m. EST at the moment, and you're not on, so I'm guessing you're in bed.

We're all fine here in Japan. Yvonne's on her way to Bangkok tomorrow for work, and I'm headed to Bombay on Friday, will meet Yvonne there on Saturday and start looking at carpets. Yvonne's mother will be flying to Tokyo from Shanghai on Thursday. Sophie starts school again on Wednesday.

Hope to talk to you soon!
Tommy