Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Day, Another Onion...

Mary and I ventured out into the world today to get the remainder of my anti-nausea drugs and some for diabetes.

She tells me I should wear a mask on Wednesday when I go to see my oncologist and get my port put in. I will feel silly, but I suppose a cold would really throw things off schedule.

Speaking of a cold, when I paid the co-pays on the drugs the young lady behind the counter had watery eyes and was sneezing. She said she had allergies.

To mask or not to mask, that is the question.

I'll obsess more about this later.

Just before we went out I felt what's left of my immune system click on. Kind of like you feel when you feel a cold coming on. Sinuses get funky, throat and chest feel that light tingly feeling. Phlegm, about to take hold.

What you've never felt any of those things?

It's been a pretty good day, not much nausea except for feeling that I should come down with something although nothing has shown up.

I had a conversation today that reminded me how good I feel now compared to how I felt a little over a week ago. I complain about the nausea, but even that isn't bad compared to what I felt then.

Thankfully I was utterly oblivious to how bad I felt. But I'm not oblivious to how good I feel now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Phil,

Hope u continue feeling better!

Love you!

Kathy