Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A' La Porte Placement?

My hair is starting to feel a bit more normal after I take a shower.

I managed to actually get a few things done on my project today and I am beginning to feel that I am on the mend.

My tumors may be on the mend too, I think the lump at the corner of my jaw is feeling it's oats and plumping up a bit.

After the success of the first infusion I am beginning to see the necessity of multiple infusions. Which reminds me we have to schedule the second infusion into the spinal column. I imagine two weeks from tomorrow.

Tomorrow the port will be put in and I wonder if I underestimated what it will be the same way I underestimated the biopsy. Somehow I had minimized the biopsy in my mind and was a bit shocked when it involved being put under and having what seemed to me major surgery done to the back of my throat. I didn't need that tonsil anyway.

I know it can't be major if it's the back of my throat but my need for grandiosity pushes me to make the most of that most horrible of sensations: Waking from surgery and finding that I'm not quite all there.

I still miss my tonsil.

Well, right I don't need it. Would you feel the same way about yours?

There is something to be said for being intact.

But tomorrow is the port placement and I will be amended with plastic or whatever.

I know it's a useful thing to have and simplifies the infusions and blood draws. I will enjoy it immensely. I will take pleasure in my port. It will be a part of me, metaphorically speaking.

I will cherish it like my tonsil.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best of luck with the port! You have a wonderful sense of humor and I look forward to seeing you (tonsil or not!) at the beach this summer...

Kathy