Monday, February 1, 2010

Another delightful day

A pretty good day altogether, although I can get tired and a headache when I work a bit more than I should.

I am into the 10-14 day period from my last infusion where my white cell count will have dropped and I still feel pretty good. 

Naturally, I went to whole foods with Mary to see if I could pick anything up. I am in the "pleasantly coasting along" period of this until Wednesday February 10th when once again I will be infused via my port and with a lumbar puncture. 

But that's a week and a half away and I'm still euphoric about being over the constipation.

Although the infusion itself isn't too painful, I still grip the pillow in the lumbar puncture and clasp my eyes like I'm about to lean over a precipice.  The next few days after the infusion are a feast of gut wrenching cramps and defecations  that leave me bleary eyed and joylessly asking myself when it will be over.

But I don't have to worry about that now, I'm going to have a good time.

No comments: