Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another day until...

It is amazing how quickly three weeks go by.  I'm just past the two week point and feeling almost like I never had an infusion in my life.  No nausea, no headache.  I feel good.

I had a glimepiride this morning (this is day 2) and I actually feel better although I can't tell that my blood sugars have come down yet.  I just tested and I have a 152.  Last night I tested before I went to bed and I had a 254 but that was clearly from overeating. Sometimes my blood sugars scare me, but then I think I've been here before and I will get better.

It was cold today, but sunny and we went to the whole food store to pick up some things.  It was nice to get out even if it was only to the store. I never got around to going for a walk. 

I've been working out (if you could call it that) with a couple of dumbbells I have in the hopes that I can build up some arm and shoulder muscle.  I had been hesitating because my port is on my right pectoral muscle and I was afraid of irritating the place where it is attached.

But I need the exercise.

While I'm contemplating side effects, such as irritation of my muscle,   I should note that my sinuses have been acting up lately.  With or without the flonase.  It's like I have allergies in the morning and in the evening no mater what drugs I take.

But otherwise nice day, and I became involved in a script I was writing and couldn't put it down.  It's a silly thing, but fun to put together. 

I missed the post last night - just got busy and forgot about it. It has occurred to me that I run into a great number of days when I have no symptom or appealing recollection to report.  Especially in the second week out from an infusion.  I have gotten past the sickly part of the cycle and I'm into that part where I can't feel the depredations going on under my skin.  The diminished cell counts, etc.

No comments: