Tuesday, February 2, 2010

after a day I wanted to sleep

I spent the day working, but with going from one project to another and an hour long project meeting I became very tired and retired from work early. 

This was after having a half hour nap at 11:30.

I'm back on my diet after being off it since the first infusion.  Somehow the novelty of prednisone led me to eat way too much of the wrong stuff and now I need to reduce what I eat and stick to the list of approved items.

What fun.

I had a blood sugar of 192 an hour after dinner which was not carbohydrate free, but everything had a reasonable glycemic index: cheese, a bit of turkey breast,  a few olives and some hummus.

I have discovered an insulin index while Googling for a glycemic index list and it looks interesting.

I should probably be taking more metformin, but I hesitate to manage my diabetes on an ad-hoc basis.  I'll see how the diet works out.

No comments: