Monday, February 22, 2010

Rainy and drab today...

It has been a rainy and drab day today, and I've been working although taking frequent breaks to rest my eyeballs.

No serious headaches or other symptoms to report. No walks to talk about as the weather was inclement.  I am simply trying to recuperate from lunch.

I have a new diabetes drug to throw into the mix: glimepiride at 2 milligrams per day which I will be taking on a regular basis with my metformin.  According to a Wiki it acts by increasing my insulin production. Wish me luck in mixing it with the metformin. 

This came as a result of my emailing my doctor about Monday's upcoming tests where I will have a dye injected and the fact that I cannot take metformin while that is going on.

My blood sugars have been cruising along in the 150-200 range and I think my doctor wanted to bring that under control. 

I am building a resolve to get back to controlling my diabetes via diet and exercise but I can't do that now.

There will come a day when the chemotherapy treatments are done, and my highest priority then  will be exercise, caloric and carbohydrate restriction.

An interesting article on dolphin insulin resistance.

Everyone hates to diet even dolphins.

No comments: