Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That needle looks like a big plastic pipe

Today was my third infusion and once again it was done with the port.

R-CHOP is a combination of drugs and fortunately I tolerated the R part of that pretty well.  Somewhere after that is one that is infused via a couple of very large syringes and I always wonder about that.  I imagine it to be some viscous fluid that you wouldn't dare inject into body parts but seems to dissolve in the blood.  One of the nurses on an earlier infusion said that it was also infused for breast cancer, and had the nickname of the "Red Devil".

It ranks up there with prednisone for being a drug I dislike. I feel funny when it is infused and it is also the drug that is heart toxic. Today I briefly felt a sliver of sensation go from my heart down to the fingers of my  left hand as it was being infused.

This is the one that makes you pee red.  Well, a pleasant copper color in may case.

The lumbar puncture was once again with methotrexate infusion and the gentleman doctor took out an 11 point something CC for the lab.

If he was able to get that out I had apparently hydrated properly yesterday.

I haven't had much of an issue with side effects yet, although I had a brief deep chill a few minutes ago starting in my head and going down through my whole body, but now I'm back to normal.

The tech that did my MUGA so long ago had a button that said "Cancer Sucks" and it is certainly true as I would be on my way to Paradise or a Reasonable Alternative but for the Chemo.  However I have to say that chemo runs a close second.

No comments: