Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Well, had the PET scan

Mary dropped me off this morning and I walked down to the basement at the hospital to the place where they put the PET/CT radiology department and I was the first to arrive.  One thing I noticed was that the syringe that injected the radioactive glucose into my arm with was shielded with a metal sheath.

And it's going into my arm, I thought.

I remembered my prior post where I likened myself to a popsicle stick sliding into an enormous mouth.  This time I noticed that the cylinder was not that deep and I was bored so I fell asleep a couple of times and hope I didn't snore.

It was a 25 minute ride and I was happy to be through.  Although I suppose I'll have to endure that silly ride again some day as a form of followup.

It was nice to get it done and over with.  I did not eat breakfast and came home hungry.  I ate and still want more.

Tomorrow I visit the Doctor and plan to go back to work a couple of days a week.  I look forward to it.

No comments: