Sunday, May 2, 2010

an evening to remember

It was a very nice day.   I went out to pick up a few things from some stores and drove around in the process.  Another day of romping around town.

It has been warm both yesterday and today, and I will have to haul out my shorts from wherever they have been buried in my closet.  I am looking out our front window at the way the sun and wind combine as I watch the unmowed grass across the street.   The trees on our neighbor's lawn have broken out in full leafed bright green.

Chapel Hill has some very pleasant days in the spring.  

Since my first infusion on New Years Eve until now I have had a steady stream of treatments and I wonder how my body will respond in the weeks ahead as I leave them behind.  I have been physically battered by the drugs in ways that I will not understand until I make my passage through the various side effects and conditions.  I will also be in a clinical trial with either Lenalidomide which is related to Thalidomide or Lenalidomide and Rituximab which is a drug from the list of drugs I have been infused with regularly these past months.

Lenalidomide is taken once a day in the morning and Rituximab is infused every two months.  The trial lasts about a year and is specifically for people who have a very reasonable chance of having the cancer come back.

I begin to feel that my treatements are never ending.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you PJ! Any thoughts of Myrtle Beach this summer?

Kathy

PJ said...

Actually, yes. Read your email.