Sunday, May 23, 2010

looking for that silly little side effect

I am taking my aspirin to keep the more serious revlimid side effects away.  Since some of them can be fatal.

Taking drugs for cancer and the threat of cancer can be so serious.  It really makes me want to fart just to ease the tension.  

But I have felt a few things that could be construed to be side effects, although they have nothing whatsoever to do with the serious revlimid side effects I have read so little about.  The day after my first dose I felt a little strange, perhaps flushed in the neck and euphoric an hour or so later.  But after a nap I felt more my normal self.  I have off and on felt a little stomach upset and perhaps mild heartburn.  And my appetite is not so significant as it was just a few days ago (this might be a helpful side effect).   I am also in the bowels of a fit of constipation.

My legs feel like I have walked much more than I really have.  They don't hurt, but they have that overworked feeling from walking not that far over the last few days.

FYI: This clinical trial lasts a year.   I take the drug once a day each of 21 days and then I get a week off. So one cycle is 28 days, and I will get a total of 12 cycles.

No comments: