Monday, May 3, 2010

all those drugs

Wait a moment, I feel a sneeze coming on.  I wonder if it's a side effect?

R-CHOP is a five drug concoction and then Benadryl comes along with it and a bit later Zofran and over the counter drugs like Tums and Zantac.

I probably missed a couple:  oxycodone because I can't take an OTC like Advil, Tylenol or Aleve because they either screw up my platelets or hide a fever (which could be fatal).  I have a bottle of sleeping pills to help counter the nervy effects of the Prednisone. 

It finally dawned on me that I should be taking much more fiber so I take a couple of fiber capsules through the day and of coarse those wonderful magnesium oxide tablets which are so vital when I need to contain the constipation.

But when I get the runs I'm  never quite sure if it's the chemotherapy or magnesium oxide.

There are some other symptoms, like having to breathe heavy just taking out the garbage or when going for a walk (when I haven't gotten that far); that dry mouth that I've had so often and need for water.  I don't know if these are clearly side effects from the regimen or long term things that I will have to deal with post-chemotherapy.

And those sneezes,  where do they come from?

No comments: