Friday, May 7, 2010

several days after the last cycle

I ventured out for a walk a little after 3:00 today and felt comfortably surrounded by warmth.

Scatterings of dry pine straw and pine cones on the side of the road and the dry heat reminded me of the many hikes Mary and I used to take in California.

I felt weary after walking a block.

As I looked down the road I could see the sky and clouds framed in the trees that arch over the road.  I kept going just to feel the pleasure of being outside able to feel the breeze against me and watch it rustle the leaves and branches surrounding me.

I love the scent of the outdoors.

In total I walked about five blocks although in previous cycles I have arrived at the end feeling much better put together than now.

I was tired and still had to walk back.

The cycles have been over for several days and I am wondering if my immune system is as badly damaged as my stamina.   Is my white cell count normal; or must I wait to get it back?

I guess I'll find out when I get a blood test on Wednesday.

I feel somewhat better although not dramatically.  I seem to have less heartburn although the last couple of days I have had occasional nausea.  I'm also missing those moments when my body is exasperated with sudden tiredness.

My exhaustion is less although it took me hours to recover from my walk today.

The dry mouth is still with me but not as obvious.

No comments: