Saturday, May 15, 2010

another lovely day in paradise

It's Saturday and I love it.  I put in 6 hours of work today which brings me up to 35 which is almost full time.

Theoretically I could sign the papers and terminate my leave, but since I'll be taking what I consider dangerous drugs I think I'll take a pass on that.  At least until I feel confident that they won't cause me to precipitously collapse.

Like so many spring days (although it's hot enough to be summer) it is absolutely beautiful outside.  I went for a walk and although I felt somewhat tired it was not as difficult as it was about a week ago.

Being outside is the high point of my day although spring looks like it is fading and becoming summer.  As the days get uncomfortably warm. 

I have my schedule for revlimid and it looks like I will be at the North Carolina Cancer Hospital one day a week over the next five weeks.  I start getting dosed on Wednesday and I will be in to either see my doctor or to get blood taken. 

Each cycle is made up of three weeks of drug followed by a week off.   There are a bunch of cycles and somewhere in the middle I will be PET scanned for any recurrence; I will also be checked at the end of the last cycle.

Will I be cancer free in another year?

No comments: