Monday, August 9, 2010

I dropped out of the study

I saw my oncologist and clinical trial coordinator nurse and asked to be removed from the study. 

They both were very supportive. 


I will no longer be treated with revlimid, but I will still be followed for the study so we will keep in touch.  They're all such nice people it'll be fun.

My concern was to stop the treatment before it really did some damage.   I was feeling terrible with or without the drug.  As I signed the papers requesting my withdrawal I felt an overwhelming sense of relief as though weight had been lifted from me. 

It is wonderful to feel that sense of optimism and hope which I have not been able to feel for so long.  Rather I've been hunkered down throughout the chemotherapy and then the revlimid.  I had good days and bad days but never an optimistic sense that I really had a future.

No comments: