Saturday, August 28, 2010

An herbal brew to warm the heart

Back when I was talking to my doctor about funny heart beats he mentioned things like stress and caffeine (and at least one other thing) that could in some way be related to my new peculiarly thumping inner daemon.

Well, my heart. 

Since I couldn't do anything about the small truckload of drugs  that were infused into me that are specifically heart damaging; and the three months that I had been on revlimid also not good for the heart; I decided to try to minimize the caffeine.

Since I am an absolute addict to my favorite coffee the idea of stopping cold was out of the question.  I'd only come back to it after feeling like I have a nail driven into my forehead.

I cut back to one cup in the morning (it is quite strong) and after that I drink herb tea.  This all seems to work to keep my heart from thumping occasionally.   I would think it's not back to being a Swiss watch; but I don't feel any discomfort during the day or into the evening. 

I must have had a lot of caffeine in me. I can really feel the difference.

No comments: