Friday, August 6, 2010

CT today and I feel strange

It is after all normal not to feel well every now and then; especially when you start the day with no breakfast. 

And I am not feeling well today.  This is the second drug hiatus where I've felt pretty bad off the drug and I am beginning to wonder if I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

The contrast that I drank was not that bad.  Diet Pepsi with something special mixed in to make things stand out. 

You may recall that the MRI was just my head; this CT was just for chest, abdomen and pelvis. 

Which means that my neck was skipped.  You may recall I've been having stiff and painful neck muscles as well as headaches that seem to originate in the neck.   Side effects of the revlimid.

Every now and then I get the feeling that revlimid is a dangerous drug and I take it with risk that I don't know how to estimate.  I looked in the consent form at the list of side effects and muscle pain and headache show up in 3-20 percent of patients.  For the lucky few (less than 3 percent) we have chest pain, heart attack, congestive heart failure,  blood pressure and flow issues.

Need I say more?

No comments: