Thursday, August 12, 2010

Have I been looking for perfection?

Once upon a time I depended on drugs to keep me alive; or setting things up so I could stay alive.

And I still take levoxyl (talk about being a druggie). 

Then came revlimid with it's various and many discomforts.   But I'm glad I was on it for 3 months, if only because it gave me a bit more treatment to at least potentially keep the lymphoma at bay.  And it redirected my attention from the disease to the side effects.

Better to be directed to think about the petty pain and discomfort than to dwell on the really big and potentially fatal question of "will this cancer kill me"?

Fortunately for me, although I am off the revlimid I still get headaches, my neck is still stiff and later in the day, I still feel like crap.

It's heartwarming to know that I have these many small things to occupy my time instead of the one big question:  will this kill me?

No comments: