Sunday, March 28, 2010

ibid: what does that mean anyway?

I'm about where I was yesterday. 

Because of the glimepiride I'm able to keep my blood sugars reasonable while I've been taking the prednisone.  Only one more prednisone stint to go thank goodness. 

Now my major symptom is heart burn. All those little cells that line my gut have been R-CHOP'd to death.  They don't protect me from my own stomach acid anymore. All good things burn even the tomato basil soup that tasted so good.

My sinuses are a bit of a problem too, it seems they have gotten sensitive and if I bend over to pick something up the blood rushing to my head and increased blood pressure makes me get a headache.

But altogether I think these are small problems compared to what I think others have to suffer through while on chemotherapy.  My oncologist said there was no science to how the symptoms appear after I mentioned that mine had changed where they showed up in the cycle. 

The whole idea of chemotherapy is that it kills the cancer before it gets you. So naturally there is a certain down side to taking this course of action.  I would imagine that for some people, that course of action fails.

I have placed myself, with help and encouragement, on one side of a bet that I will survive the chemotherapy.  Not everybody does.  So far everything implies that I will. 

Lucky me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think it helps to at least have the mystery of what the latest reaction to chemo will be?

Do you feel like sick person?

Do you feel like life is on hold?

I'm glad you can write all this here.

Love

Kim P