Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quality time with my tumors

Well, presumably they are gone now.  Or scrunched down so I don't feel them anymore; but here I am poised to have my last infusion (coming this Wednesday) and I'm getting weepy eyed over these little friends that have been sucking my life blood like vampires over the last year.

I wonder what the one in my liver would be doing now if I weren't dead or hadn't flushed my system with chemicals that kill tumors?

What about the one in my spleen?

One more inhalation while they press the needle into my port and then spend the next twenty minutes making sure it works properly.   One last blood draw where they test my various cell counts to see how I did last time.   And then the drugs.   The waiting; the napping from the Benadryl and finally going home to the really important questions: will I have constipation, or diarrhea?

1 comment:

Ste Rush said...

Hi
Just a note from a fellow DLBCL groupie! I would like to wish you well on your final infusion on Wednesday. I start Radiotherapy on Wed so I will give up a few mins to wish you well on that day.

I have "enjoyed" your blog and I hope in time you find the mental noise less of a problem. If you are interested my story is http://www.wildrossendale.co.uk/non-hodgkins-lymphoma.html

Take care and all the best Ste