Friday, June 22, 2012

Gimmi Dat Drug

I popped a capsule of Zonisamide for the first time a couple of minutes ago.

It's an anticonvulsant to go along with the Gabapentin which is an antispasmodic.  Oh how I love to jive and shimmy; well, no more.

I wish this would have been around for my sister Velma when she was thick in the midst of her grand mal seizures.  Well, too late for her.

This and the many other drugs I take are for my headaches, and I am very glad that they are being addressed.   I've had fun with drugs before, I have very fond memories of R-CHOP and how absolutely horrid it made me feel, I would lie to myself and say that I loved it because it was decimating the cancer.   There is nothing quite as debilitating as going for a walk which used to be long realising that you simply don't have the heart muscle to continue. 

My other favourite, lenalidomide was a real trip, and the rather irritating and painful side effects resulted in the headache and stiff neck which I am so desperately trying to deal with now.

I wonder how the Zonisamide will affect me?


 

No comments: