Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting for relief..

For the last couple of weeks my headaches have been pretty mild and somehow I thought I was getting over the bad pain.


I've got a very bad headache at the moment and I wonder, why did it hit now?


Fortunately I can feel the Skelaxin and pain medicine that I took almost an hour ago kicking in and I am beginning to feel a little better, but there must be a better way to deal with this long term.

I've been thinking about the Carolina Headache Institute which is, I believe, the place my neurologist referred me to.   Although they haven't called me yet.

From the web page, it looks like it focuses on all kinds of headache, migraine or cluster headaches for example.

I'm a little concerned that my neck pain may not be quite their bread and butter since it's mostly muscle pain (so my neurologist said) in my neck.

When my headache is bad I feel like I'm suffering the after effects of being hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat without having to endure the initial thwack!

It's those muscles at the back of the head, especially on the right side just behind and beneath the skull.


I hope they can help me.  I'm skeptical, but it would be nice if they could do something so that I wouldn't be stuck taking muscle relaxants and pain pills for the rest of my life. 




No comments: