Sunday, March 4, 2012

Almost Monday

Monday will roll around in the morning and I am wondering if I should shower and then work, or work and then shower.

Although I start work at 8:00 AM or shortly after I usually get up about 7:20.  Since I have been trying to sleep more, and be more rested I've been getting up later.

The schedule goes something like this:  I am sleeping in the big stuffed leather chair again because I hurt my back.  Tipper, one of our dear little kittens (not being sarcastic here) wakes me up whenever she thinks it is time for breakfast.  Since she can't tell time this can be as early as 2:00 or as late as 4:30.  This morning she got me up by making some ripping noises with the newspapers next to Mary's computer.  I felt so relieved, I looked at the clock and it was only 5:10.  I got some sleep.

After I fed the kitties (at 5:30 AM) I wrapped myself in my old yellow blanket and slumped into that same big leather chair for another three hours.

I was well rested today. 

I'm semi retired and I don't think my bosses care when I start work.   I could sleep later.  It's just a question of convincing myself that it's OK.   And I do need the rest.

I am planning to put in six hours on Monday so that I can reduce my hours on Tuesday when I plan to go in.   I do that because I become very tired once I go in.  I have issues with functionality the following day.  I have periods of being brain dead in the morning.

Not a pleasant side effect.  I'm not over the chemo yet, and I have no clue what to do about it.

No comments: