Sunday, March 25, 2012

Once more into the breach!

For the last several days I have been skipping the Skelaxin.

After going through a few days of funny feeling muscle cramps in my left arm, I'm actually feeling pretty good.  Sometimes.

I've been applying Aspercreme in liberal amounts in the hope that the problem is that my muscles are a little inflamed.  It seems to work on the top layer of muscle, but doesn't get down to the muscles deeper and under the skull.  Or the muscles that drop down to my back, but I haven't really been applying it there.




Right now I have some muscles that are sensing a new flexibility and others that are cramping up.

I'm thinking for tonight that I can avoid the Skelaxin if I load up on some pain medicine.  Or maybe I should just take the muscle relaxant, after all, it's my muscle that feels cramped.

I was looking around for some more potent anti-inflammatory to apply topically when I came across something called Penetrex, which is a non-prescription anti-inflammatory and I hope it works better than the Aspercreme.   

It hasn't come yet, but it's supposed to work on the kind of tissues that I'm having a problem with.

Wish me luck, why don't you?

No comments: