Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Finally, at the beach!

It's hot and muggy at the moment, but I think it's wonderful.

I have dim memories of a time over six months ago when my prospects were not so good.  Constant pain occasionally muted by skelaxin or carisoprodol and aleve to the point where I was truly dulled.  Unable to sleep in a bed and finally after a surgical procedure to get a sample of the tumor in my neck unable to talk in a normal voice.  Daffy or Donald Duck come to mind.

While I was probably fantasizing more about being down at the beach, the deck does very nicely.  I can see the ocean, all the people on the beach and the scattered umbrellas and tarps.  Everyone it seems loves the sun and keeps to the shade

I can hear the din of the waves in the distance and could even take a stroll out there if I wanted to.

Of course I want to keep to the shade because of the revlimid which I have been able to take each night and fortunately not missed once.  My rash has a direct sun sensitivity feature.

Speaking of my rash, it appears to be on my legs as well as on my forearms. One of the little red spots looks big enough to be a bug bite. But other than size I can't tell the difference.

No comments: