Saturday, July 10, 2010

all about a few hairs

Just to let you know (as anyone who sees me knows) my hair is growing back, although it looks like a crew cut.

You wouldn't know I had just been bald.  And my beard is coming back.

It is a wonderful thing, although being without hair made so many things so low maintenance. 


The rash seems to be improving a bit.  I apply a cortisone ointment and that seems to be helping.

Maybe not being on revlimid 4 days is also helping?

I will begin cycle 3 on Wednesday and that will see me into August.  I will be taking revlimid while I am at the beach.  Speaking of cycles and such I will have a CT scan on August 6th and talk to my doctor on the 9th about it.

Am I cancer free?

I will start taking the revlimid again on the 11th of August.

Rashes as a side effect for this wonderful (yes that was sarcasm) drug are common.

When will I ever learn that I will get side effects just like anyone else?  I have some bizarre idea that I'm going to waltz through this with no problems! 

Here I am over 60 and I have not mentally evolved past my late teens.   Although that does beg the question: why bother now?

No comments: