Wednesday, June 16, 2010

oh the immunomodulation of it all

Today I saw my oncologist and the nurse coordinator for the clinical trial that I am on.  I saw my family doctor yesterday and I have had enough of doctors.   I am thankful that I will not be seeing my oncologist (or anybody else if I can help it) for another month.

I have my new supply of revlimid which I will be taking (one 25mg pill) once a day.   It is classed as an immunomodulator which means that it either suppresses or stimulates the immune system.   Considering those funny little numbers that I asked my family doctor to explain to me yesterday I would say it is the first of those, but if it actually helps me avoid a recurrence of cancer then I suppose it could be the second.

The confusion of it all is quite stimulating.

I have had a week of no revlimid and I am so looking forward to the dry mouth, constipation and immunomodulated discomfort.

No comments: