Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Contemplations of Blood Work

I saw my family doctor today and showed him my lab work to obtain an English translation of what was obviously an obscure accounting of hematological ledger domain. 

Although my white cell count was knocked down to 2.3 from 3.9 (normal is 4.5-11) it then rose to 2.7 before beginning to bounce down gently to 2.6.  The important conclusion to draw is that it didn't crash and actually went up after dipping low.

Not great, but not terrible either.

My thyroid numbers turned out to be normal; in spite of my peeling, and flaking dry skin.    My understanding of this is that my T4 was high, TSH was low meaning I had lot's of T4 which is most of what the thyroid produces.  But eventually it became normal.

And to think I was feeling just like I had a lousy thyroid. 

I was a little anemic.  Platelets were good.  Nothing to indicate I should disabuse myself of the revlimid.

Speaking of disabuse, my one red eye is really bothering me; I'm going to bed.

No comments: