Wednesday, June 2, 2010

feeling better already, but what is it?

Well, what is it?

The pain - which seems to be on my skin wraps around from the upper-left quadrant of my abdomen along the line of my diaphragm almost to my spine.   The amount of pain varies from day to day and it had been quite severe.  It isn't so bad today.

Probably because I saw my doctor.  Does the magic of the word placebo come to mind?

I do have a wee bit of something to ease the pain, but I can't use it during the day because I have to work.  But it will keep me from being in pain when I go to bed and that is a very nice thing.

And rolling over on my side has been "surprising" sometimes while I've been trying to fall asleep.  

So I have an anti-viral prescription and of course the pain reliever.  Presumably this "condition" is the result of the revlimid (my doctor said so) I would assume that it's not that the revlimid does it directly, but that a virus that my immune system would normally deal with becomes a problem (this problem) because the drug is an "immunomodulatory agent" whatever that is.

Which reminds me, it's time to take my revlimid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It almost sounds shingle-like Phil.

Pat your s.i.l.