Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oncologist Visit Today

It was a fun day, visited my oncologist and had a conversation about my general condition and of course, my neck pain.  He basically said that my headache does not appear to be the result of tumor, and headache isn't listed as a side effect of Revlimid, and since the neurologist thinks the stenosis doesn't matter: I have a tension headache.

I am amazed at how often diagnosis are ad hoc.

At this point I seriously regret having participated in the Revlimid study.  The stuff really did a number on my neck and my doctors talk about it like it just isn't so.

In terms of general condition, I'm doing pretty well.  My stamina is somewhat less than what it should be, and of course my neck hurts, but aside from those two things, I'm OK.

I got a copy of my blood test and the white cell count is 4.7 which is lower than it used to be before chemo, but now is considered normal.  It's just .2 over the normal threshold since normal is 4.5 to 11.0.

For some reason my chloride level is just 2 points under normal.

My Absolute Lymphs are just a little low, and my doctor said that's normal, there is a long recovery time for that after chemotherapy.

He suggested that I should have my family doctor manage my neck pain, at least until I get into the Headache Institute in Chapel Hill.

What do you do for a tension headache?

I tried some Naproxin the other day and I felt some of the nausea coming on.  Maybe after chemo my prostaglandins are not so great.


No comments: