Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cold to the Bone Chill

I think I had my last PET scan in October, and since that time I seem to have been doing pretty well.  Mostly I've been trying to find a solution for my stiff neck/headache problem which is fallout from having a tumor in my neck and then being treated by a drug that has muscle cramps as a side effect.

My oncologist says the Revlimid I was taking doesn't have headache as a side effect.  Sure, except my neck.  

In pursuit of a pain free experience of life, ever hopeful that I can find a "cure" I applied an NSAID topical cream to my neck, and my neck felt better.  But then I started experiencing side effects.  Nausea. 

I have over the past several weeks experienced a chill.  It starts in my head and goes down my spine and is disconcerting.  It's the kind of chill that you get just before you vomit.  Like you are just experiencing sudden cold.  No goosebumps; just cold.

Well, last night it was very bad, but the feeling went away.   It was somewhat more intense than it had been the last two times I felt it. 

But why do I get it?

Let me speculate:  I took an NSAID the last two times it happened, although much earlier in the day.   I had not taken Skelaxin for a couple of days.

I wondered if I had been sensitized to NSAID side effects, so just using something that used to be no problem would result in nausea and a very strange feeling.

Could it possibly be a withdrawal symptom for Skelaxin?


No comments: