Saturday, April 21, 2012

Back to Basics

The Nausea got worse and was persistent.  I had several days of worsening upset stomach.  That is a listed side effect of Voltaren Gel so I stopped applying it to my neck. 

I have been off it for about a week.


The nausea cleared up after a couple of days without the Gel, but what do I do about my neck now?

I did not feel like going back to Aspercreme since Aspirin has the same problem.

NSAIDs suppress the production of Prostaglandins which are important in the stomach lining.

It appears that the more effective the gel/creme the more it is likely to cause a problem.

I decided to go back to Penetrex because it seems to work.  After the Aspercreme and the Voltaren Gel I'm surprised at how well it works.  I'm hoping that since it's "natural" it won't cause any major problems.

Over the last several days, I have had ample opportunity to experience the genuine headaches without a drug to ameliorate their effects.  It took a while for the stiffness and pain to come back.

The Penetrex helps a lot, but some pain and stiffness still leaks out.

I take Skelaxin for that.


No comments: