Friday, February 17, 2012

They finally got to me....

It was another beautiful day in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, so I took a walk a couple of hours ago.   The usual four or five blocks.  The little temperature icon on my desktop now says 61 degrees and I just went out to bring in the mail. 

The air out in the open is cool and fresh, it's like the first day of Spring.  A couple of our windows are open, so the fresh air is flowing into the house.

It feels like the first day of summer vacation.

I don't know why I feel that good. 

Now that I've set the mood, I can admit that I wasn't able to stay off Skelaxin more than maybe a week and a half.   Sad but true.  Headaches and neck cramps finally got to me.

It's really not amazing how discomfort and pain wears on me after a while.

I started taking half pills, and eventually graduated to whole pills.  It was a real relief.

Sometimes, I don't feel great even if I do take the pills.

I should see my neurologist the afternoon of February 23rd, maybe I could see if there is a stronger muscle relaxant for the really bad times when even the Skelaxin does not stop the pain.   It's probably not appropriate to take the serious pain pills I have.


  

No comments: