Friday, December 3, 2010

Wiped after 3 mo followup with oncologist

The parking lot is located quite some distance from the cancer hospital, and I felt tired by the time I was ushered into the little room where I would wait almost an hour to get poked for blood and see my oncologist.

This delay tells me that I am low on the priority list - meaning I am in relatively good shape and am not someone to really be concerned about.

After all, the cancer should be gone.

I was able to tolerate my stay at the cancer hospital pretty well, and I went home and since it was a vacation day, did anything but work.

What I was surprised at was how tired I was the next day and how weak my leg muscles felt.  My body was wiped from a simple visit to my oncologist.

Surprise - I still have a chemo hangover.

No comments: