Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Flush!

I went in to the Cancer Hospital today for a port flush.  The nurse, who had drawn blood and flushed my port many times did the work and it went well.  Good red return so no need for a big anti-coagulant to flush it out.   TPA takes at least half an hour.

I saw the Nurse Navigator and said hello and also my oncologist - albeit socially not professionally.

It was fun bumping in to everyone, they all said I look better - I have hair now although I think it is a bit curlier than it use to be.


I got to see the scheduler, a nice young man Mary and I have come to know because of the many times we've scheduled appointments for me there.  He's done most of them.  

I gave my email address to him so he could keep me up to date on a couple of referrals he was setting up.

After I got home I received an email from him and made an appointment for next Tuesday with a physical therapist. I'll be seeing a neurologist at some point but that department will call me when they're finished reviewing my file.

All in all I'm doing pretty well.  

Occasional pain that doesn't last too long and sometimes I take drugs.

No comments: