Friday, December 10, 2010

It's a headache. With uncomfortably familiar sensations in my neck.

Yes, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to recover from the pain so I can tell how bad it really is.  I feel as though I have been dulled to its full effect.  

I've been having memory lapses where I almost smell the saline they use to infuse me with anti-cancer drugs.  Pleasant, no?

You can probably guess that the pain I'm feeling has somehow reminded me of the hospital environment. I can't escape it.

I shall forever be plugged into a drip, drip, drip.  Thank goodness I still have my port.

As you can probably guess the headaches have gotten bad enough that I actually have to deal with them.  The degree of sloth I have is considerable, and my inertia something incredible to overcome.  Finally, today I overcame it and sent an email to my oncologist, copying his nurse navigator and my family doctor.

My head hurts.  I forgot to take an Advil.  Or maybe I didn't and it just feels bad.  I think I took the Advil.  I'll take another.

I found an alternative which will (I think) stop the pain.  It is rather serious pain medicine but I don't want to feel anymore pain tonight.

The back of my neck doesn't feel right; it feels like something is swelling up inside of it.

With the way that I feel I am wondering if a little tumor had been born in a comfortable place where it can cause me pain. 

The R-CHOP was very effective, how could the cancer come back?

Either my neck is plain messed up or I have an old familiar friend come to plague me.

We shall see next week.

No comments: