Sunday, September 30, 2012

Dropped My Dosage

I took the 50mg capsule of Zonisamide out of my pill box last night before taking the remaining 100mg capsule.  Which leaves me with a bit of a headache and some transient neck pain this morning, but it's not as bad as it would be without the drug and the stuff doesn't work all day anyway.

I took my vitamins among which were copious amounts of B2 and Co-Q10 which will help build my brain back up to it's former greatness.  Or at least give it a nudge in the right direction, probably a more reasonable outcome.

There is no fix for this.  I'll have intermittent pain for the rest of my life.

I don't feel like having the more dramatic treatments, like the catheter up my spinal canal outside my thecal sac.  Or burning off the pain nerves.

Like so many treatments they have their potential down sides, and the doctors that provide the treatment are oh so confident.  Ever since Revlimid I'm more cautious.

I stepped down the treatment because I had a number of things that either were side effects or could be side effects: shortness of breath, difficulty solving problems, and tiredness. 

I've had these problems for the last several weeks, in numbers, as well as a bodily insensitivity that left me feeling numb.  I'd say depressed but at the time I was too much of a zombie to grasp that possibility.


I'm feeling better today. With the exercise I've been doing I'm feeling that contented healthy glow and my head and neck only have intermittent pain.

Now if I could only have a nice cup of coffee.

No comments: