Sunday, September 16, 2012

Followup at the Headache Place

I visited the Headache Institute last Thursday and talked to my person there whom I believe to be a physician's assistant.  She's able to prescribe, so I asked her to prescribe the 50 mg capsules of Zonisamide that I need to keep the dreaded headache away (at least in the AM).

She's stunningly attractive, and for that reason and others, I think I talked too much. 
 
It had also been very a busy and stressful week, so I was tired. 

At work a friend's wife had died, and I drove to the memorial service on Wednesday with one of my other co-workers which was about an hour away and sat through the entire service which was at a United Methodist church.  I'm not religious, but it was an experience in nostalgia; searching for the right page in the hymnal.     

Being around people is draining.

I had spent an extra hour physically at work on Tuesday because our staff meeting had to be rescheduled to accommodate the memorial service and worked extra when I got home, to make up the time that I would lose.

I was exhausted by Thursday, and actually got a headache when I arrived at the Institute. 

I have lost 21 pounds since I was there last in mid June, which is more a triumph of diet than exercise; although I have been going to a gym.  

I get the majority of the drugs and treatment that I truly appreciate from them. 

The Gabapentin really prepares me for sleep, the vitamin regimen of B2 and Co-Q 10 (400mg) per day with a meal has helped my ability to think enormously.  And although the original target dose of Zonisamide was a bit much, the reduced dosage works perfectly.  Not to mention the NSAID prescriptions which I could not do without. 


Under most circumstances for most of the day, the headache and neck discomfort have disappeared. And I have appropriate remedies for everything else.

So I am very pleased.

No comments: