Sunday, May 6, 2012

Maybe I should

I have been thinking that I should change the name of my blog to "My Secret Headache" although the headache is more or less from the cancer, and aftermath. So it is appropriate that I talk about it here.

As per my headache status:  I've been going with the three Aleve a day now for several days, and yes I still have a headache. My neck muscles don't have the nasty twitchiness that they used to, and I don't have the direct muscle pain that I had at the back of my head, but the headache is still there, only it seems to be from different muscles being irritated.

It has a character that seems more like what I imagine a tension headache would be.

I'm not entirely sure if the nausea I have been feeling off and on the last few days is from bad food choices or the Aleve.

Half of a really serious pain killer has the effect of staying with me the next day and slowing me down, so I don't like that.  The Skelaxin, although it's not as useful as it used to be at least takes the pain away and leaves my head functional for work.

I have asked my family doctor to manage my headache at least until I can get into the Headache Institute where I hope I will get some relief.  He tells me there are options; which is what I think I need. 


No comments: