Monday, May 21, 2012

Déjà vu all over again (to steal a phrase)

It's been a while since I reported on the state of my headache and twitchy neck pain, so I thought I would describe the current state of the issue.

I'm taking two Aleve in the AM and two in the PM which takes care of a lot of the neck problem, but it moved the headache up to the crown of my head, and I feel sharp bits of pain on the sides of my head.

Rather like a miniature whip, you feel the ouch and then it's gone. 

I asked my doctor if he would be willing to prescribe Skelaxin, since that takes care of the problem temporarily, and he did.  I now have enough that I can take as much of it as I need, instead of carefully parceling it out so that it will average one pill a day.

I remember when this small disaster began back in the summer of 2009, I was taking 4 Aleve a day,  4 Skelaxin on the side and in the evening 3 Carisoprodol (Soma) spread throughout the night as I woke up from the pain.

Things are much better now, but sometimes I forget to take the Aleve in the AM (or PM) and I wonder afterwards if I took it.  It's not a good idea to give myself a double dose, so I let it go and take the next one on schedule (if I remember).  

But considering that I will be feeling it by then, that's not such a problem.

No comments: