Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let's Jiggle the Dosages

I sent my doctor an email that described the schedule of the 3 Aleve I take a day and saying that the headache comes back later in the day. 

I mentioned that I was about to take a Skelaxin and asked him if he had a better alternative?

He replied  and suggested that I up the dose of Aleve in the afternoon and cautioned me against taking more than 4 or 5 in a day.   He asked me to let him know how that worked out.  

He also wanted to know how the Skelaxin was working.

So far I can say, except for being drugged all the time, the Aleve several times a day has been the most relief that I have felt.  My headaches are there later in the day, maybe from mid afternoon on, but I'm feeling much better than I did when all I relied on was the Skelaxin.

The Aleve helps with what I think is arthritis in a couple of fingers of each hand, swelling in my left hand has gone down since I have been taking it.

It's also nice not to need so much Skelaxin. 

Skelaxin and alcohol are contra-indicated, although I'm not sure if death is a side effect of that interaction. I will be able to have a glass of wine.  Or a shot of whiskey at some indeterminant  time in the future.

My limits even then are severe.  Half a glass of wine, and perhaps a thimble of whiskey.  Not much.


No comments: