Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Fog of Drugs

I'm surprised at how long it took to subdue the headache and neck pain with the Zonisamide.   I had been so hopeful and I hadn't considered how difficult it would be to deal with any pain that might show up after I had been off for more than a couple of weeks.

My body will not be a drug free zone.

Just an FYI: The title is a misquote from history; in this case Carl von Causewitz.  There are a lot of foggies out there and right now my brain is foggy.

But I'm not in pain.

Sometime after I got back from vacation I had a stressful week at work and my headaches came back.  When I started 50mg Zonisamide a day I felt better but the pain did not go away.

It took a few days for the nausea (a masochistic pleasure from Zonisamide) to clear and I upped the dose to 50 2X day, although not at the same time.   I would perhaps take 50mg sometime in the afternoon and then one in the early morning after having my Sinthroid.

I'm getting used to being dosed heavier than my previous 50mg/day.  Goodness, I have enough of the stuff, no use letting it go to waste.

I would probably be feeling better if I had slept if off, but I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and fed the cats.  By the time Mary was about to get her coffee I took a shower and afterwards went to the local grocery with a list and retrieved the goods for another week.

And I'm a little tired and possibly brain-dead after that.  Thus the fog comment in the title.

No comments: