Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vertebral Vertigo

I think my family doctor has rather high expectations for physical therapy.   He thinks I won't need muscle relaxants. 

There have been beneficial effects although the therapy hurts a bit sometimes.

During the session a couple of days ago I asked my PT guy what he was doing and he said he was pressing on ribs (just below the shoulder) to move the vertebra.  He also pressed areas of my neck rather painfully (I'm not one to complain) to move those vertebra.
 
He also applied some traction with a towel wrapped around my head to stretch out my neck.

This is in addition to some things he did with my head that I can't describe very well.

My neck cracks in the oddest way when I lean it over to the left and then right side. My PT guy said I don't have to worry about that.  I have a lot more mobility now and my neck feels more relaxed.

I've had some improvement, but I have good days and bad days.

If I sleep late (like today) my neck feels much better.

Stress (like meetings) cause pain.   I wonder if working itself is the problem?

No comments: