Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Neck Stretch Manifesto

Oddly enough I discovered something about my neck condition on Monday and which is that high pressure meetings give me a headache.  My project has to be done by the end of This Week and I got a couple of people to finish it with me.  Plus the Systems Analyst showed up for the meeting and my boss was on the phone.   Isn't there a ROCK SONG from the 80's called PRESSURE?

Well the headache and tension lasted into today and when I got to Physical Therapy I mentioned that I had discovered something that causes my headaches to get worse and the PT guy said something to the effect:  that's great - now you can avoid that.

Yep.  Try to avoid that.

Well there were some more exercises and my PT guy did some things were he held my head and had my try to turn it or move it in certain ways.

He also wrapped a towel around my head and pulled it up and back.  Which helped with the part of my back just below the neck that felt knotted up.


So on my way home I was able to turn my neck much more easily and I have much more flexibility.

I still have headaches, but I bet if I could get rid of the meetings they might get better.

No comments: